SRK

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

King Khan Takes Over New York City


Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan is currently in the U.S. to promote his new movie "My Name is Khan," set to open in theaters on February 12, and American media outlets are standing in line to get a moment with the popular movie star!

Yesterday SRK sat down for a one-on-one with CNN's popular host Fareed Zakaria to talk about his career and the romantic drama which co-stars Kajol. After the interview Shahrukh took to Twitter to tell fans: "had a great chat with fareed zakaria on cnn. he is most gracious and a gentleman. drops visitors upto their car. wot an utterly smart man."

Monday was also a busy day for Shahrukh and Kajol as they visited the Nasdaq and held a press conference to talk about "My Name is Khan."

DesiHits! asked SRK how he prepared for his role as someone suffering from Asperger syndrome and he told us "I'm intrigued by what we call neuro-atypical behavior. My interest in the disorder started when I read a book about a boy with Asperger syndrome. I gave it to [the movie's producer] Karan Johar and told him he should make a movie out of it. Turns out I became the little boy he made a movie about! I also worked on the physical aspect of it, the eyes etc. and people were taken aback when they saw me for the first time on set."

Monday "The King of Bollywood" also gave an interview to The Wall Street Journal in which he revealed that "I'm hopeful to make one Hindi film that's seen by the whole world. Like, "Life is Beautiful," it was an Italian film but everyone saw it and loved it."

Speaking about "My Name is Khan," SRK also said that "Nobody knows where a film is going to go when you finish it. I think this will … touch a lot more people in the Eastern and Western world than any film has done before. I would love it to be a bigger hit than "Slumdog.""

Well we guess we'll find out on February 12! Until then we wish Shahrukh Khan all the best in promoting "My Name is Khan" all over the west.

Shah Rukh says his Pak, Mumbai comment is an individual stand

With the Shiv Sena pressing for an apology from him for backing Pakistani cricketers in IPL and for his remarks on Mumbai, Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan today said he was sad that his statements are seen as a stand against a group instead of a stand for "myself and my individuality."

"Differences in ideology should be grounds for debate and discussions, a must for freedom of thought to see it any other way is so unforunate," he said writing in Twitter responding to fresh salvos at him from Sena leaders who have threatened to block the release of his much-awaited film 'My Name is Khan' next week.

"Sad my statements are seen as a stand against a group instead of a stand for myself and my individuality," Shah Rukh added. The star's "Mumbai belongs to all Indians" remarks had also earned the ire of the Sena.

Firing a fresh salvo at Shah Rukh today, Sena leader Sanjay Raut said he is speaking in favour of Pakistan sitting in Mumbai and in this country.

"We will not let this happen. This is the Congress opinion that SRK is voicing. SRK stays in Mumbai and Mannat is is in Mumbai and not in Pakistan," Raut said in Mumbai.

Shah Rukh has already hit back at the Shiv Sena by saying that he would stand by his statements and that his take on the issue is very strong. He added that there is no excuse for his statement and believes that he is an Indian.

He had termed the stance of the Shiv Sena as unhealthy, undemocratic and insensitive. He said that he is confident that their efforts would not affect his film commercially.

No comments:

Post a Comment